Tuesday, June 12, 2012

ZZ Top Taking Over YouTube





I gotta tell you, I really don’t know how I feel about this. But whether it is technically considered “selling out” or not, ZZ Top knows what’s up.

Billy Gibbons, the band’s guitarist, opened up to USA Today last week about their new song, which was released on a Jeremiah Weed Root Brew ad on YouTube. I know what your thinking, ZZ Top? The guys with the long beards and bandanas? Advertising on YouTube? Yeah, I know.

But honestly maybe this isn’t such a bad idea after all. The song, firstly, is very catchy. There is one thing I love more than rock and roll, and that is the blues; and ZZ Top has both.

Also, how many times do you have a song stuck in your head, only until you realize it was in a commercial you were just watching. A perfect example is “We Are Young” by Fun. How do you think that became mainstream? Not the radio, but televised Chevy advertisements.

ZZ’s song, titled “I Got to Get Paid,” will be featured on the band’s first album in nine years, That Little Ol Band From Texas. If you want a sneak peak of some new recordings, download Texicali on iTunes, a four track digital collection.

They are performing their Gang of Outlaws Tour all summer, and if you don’t live in the Middle of Nowhere, chances are they will be touring near you.

I said Lord take me downtown, I’m just lookin’ for some Tush.

ZZ Top's Jeremiah Weed Ad

"Tush"



Also check out:
"La Grange," "Sharp Dressed Man," "Gimme All Your Lovin'," "Legs," "Got Me Under Pressure," "Cheap Sunglasses," "I'm Bad, Nation Wide," "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers," "Sleeping Bag," "Jesus Just Left Chicago," "Chevrolet," "Manic Mechanic," "Heard it on the X" and "A Fool For Your Stockings." 


No comments:

Post a Comment