Thursday, June 14, 2012

Roger Waters Tours the Wall



Roger Waters on the Wall tour 2012

When I first started listening to classic rock in my earlier years, Pink Floyd was a band I had a particularly hard time getting into. I don’t know if it was David Gilmour’s ominous, low, haunting voice, or the trippy feeling I felt from each guitar stroke. But come my high school years, I officially cracked.

I jumped at the opportunity when I heard Roger Waters was touring the Wall worldwide this year. I have always heard of Pink Floyd’s laser shows, but never experienced one. (I am still working on snatching a Yankee Stadium ticket.)

The feedback he is getting is over-the-top, as expected. Waters has even managed to add another date in Quebec, as it was in demand, and declared “there’s something the fuck wrong with you” if you don’t go. Well spoken, Mr. Waters.

Perhaps the most impressive element of the sold out stadium tour is the Wall, literally the wall, which Waters has been continuously building. The Wall took three years to design, and you don’t even know the half of it yet.

It is three stories tall and 140 yards across. Officially declared the world’s largest movie screen, it reflects high definition images from 42 projectors all synchronized to the music.

“I think it strikes some chords that may be just beneath the surface in all of us” said the 68-year-old singer and artist, who originally left the band he started in 1985. “What it’s about, is the walls that exist between human beings, whether… on a family level or on a global level. And I think that resonates with people.”

Click here to see the complete list of shows this summer. This is something  you definitely don’t want to miss as it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity! 

"Another Brick in the Wall"

"Hey You," from the actual movie The Wall. You HAVE to see it if you love Pink Floyd.

"Comfortably Numb"

"Run Like Hell"

No comments:

Post a Comment