Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thanks For Being Awesome, Dave Grohl




Dave Grohl cemented himself in rock and roll history as the drummer for Nirvana, then once again as the chief singer-songwriter for the Foo Fighters then again as a co-founder of the rock supergroup, Them Crooked Vultures (Dave, John Paul Jones, Josh Homme).

To honor his musical prominence, his hometown of Warren, Ohio presented him with a pair of record-breaking drumsticks. Yes, Guinness World Recording breaking drumsticks.

Together, the poplar log-sticks weigh a whopping 900 pounds, and will be on display at the Warren Amphitheater until September. They will then be relocated to David Grohl Alley, also in Warren, dedicated to him in 2009.

Grohl was unable to attend the ceremony, but took out a full-page ad in the local paper to show his gratitude. The ad showed him in a “Made in Warren” t-shirt with an accompanying Cheshire grin. The city’s Mayor Doug Franklin read the ad during the unveiling ceremony:

“To the wonderful city of Warren, from the bottom of my heart I’d like to thank you all so much… for the childhood memories. For my family. For my very own alley. For the world’s largest drumsticks! And for all of your support… But most of all for being such a great community. One that makes me proud to say… I am from Warren, Ohio!”

Thanks, Dave Grohl, for being so awesome. Now if only I can get my hands on those drumsticks…


Enjoy some clips!

"Monkey Wrench" by Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters Perform with DeadMau5 at 2012 Grammys

Originally a David Bowie song, but I love Nirvana's rendition of "The Man Who Sold the World"

"Elephants" by Them Crooked Vultures

No comments:

Post a Comment