Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dave Matthews Band's Newest Album




While The Dave Matthews Band has been setting out on their annually held summer tour, they have jointly been working in the studio preparing their newest album, Away From The World, which will be released this September 11 via RCA Records.

As an avid Dave listener, I have to say that although I am anticipating his new album, I am also feeling a slight sense of apprehension. His last album, Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King, was good, but not the old Dave. He has moved on to a new epoch, a new sound and a whole new generation of music. I can already tell from the few songs I heard off Away From The World that the band is, once again, experimenting with their new sound.

Rather then giving my interpretation of each song, I’m asking you, my followers, what do you think? Does this sound like the old Dave, or is this a continuation of the Groogux King? Do you enjoy his new sound, or do you prefer the classic “Grey Street” sound he used to master?

Stay tuned for more information about the new album. Until then, here’s a track listing for Away From The World:

Broken Things
Belly Full
Rooftop
Snow Outside
Drunken Soldier



 PS, I linked what I could find online. He played most of his songs live already, but as for the rest, well, you'll have to wait until Sept. 11 like the rest of us. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment