Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!





Just a playlist post before I go celebrate being American (or use this as an excuse to lay by the pool)!
Enjoy!


"Saturday in the Park" by Chicago. 
Saturday in the park
I think it was the fourth of July
People talking, people laughing
A man selling ice cream
Singing Italian Songs
Can you dig it (yes, I can)
And I've been waiting such a long time
For Saturday

"American Girl" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
She couldn't help thinkin'
That there was a little more to life somehwere else
After all it was a great big world
With lots of places to run to
And if she had to die tryin'
She had one little promise she was gonna keep
Oh yeah, all right, Take it easy baby, Make it last all night
She was an American girl

"Fourth of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" by Bruce Springsteen.
Chasin' the factory girls underneath the boardwalk
Where they all promised to unsnap their jeans
And you know that Tilt-a-Whirl down on the south beach drag?
I got on it last night and my shirt got caught
And it kept me spinnin', they didn't think I'd ever get off
Sandy, the aurora is risin' behind us
Those pier lights, our carnival life on the water

"American Woman" by the Guess Who.
I don't need your war machines
I don't need your ghetto scenes
Colored lights can hypnotize 
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now woman, get away from me
American woman, mama let me be

"Born on the Bayou" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.
I can remember the fourth of July
Runin' through the backwood bare
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'
Chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there
Born on the bayou

No comments:

Post a Comment