Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Morning Jacket's Acid Trip




Drugs.

Yes, drugs. They are everywhere: at the pharmacy, in your food, at school, on the television and even in your music. Drugs are an inevitable factor in life, but it is up to you whether to participate or not.

My Morning Jacket encourages listeners to get it “Outta My System” in their new drug fuelled video. And when I say drug fuelled, I mean I feel like my brain is in another dimension after watching it, really.

“Outta My System,” which was featured in their 2011 album, Circuital, stars an animated Jim James, the band’s front man, in what appears to be a fashionable replica of Nicki Minaj’s fuzzy boots. James travels through an animated extra-terrestrial dimension, meeting one-eyed owls, skulls and even meat grinders floating in space. Most impressive is Zach Galifianakis as the powerful wizard in the trippy cartoon world.

The ode is peaceful and dreamy, urging that James had to “learn to know how it feels, but that it ain’t real.”

James Frost, who has also worked with Radiohead and OK GO, directed the video. Check it out below, and make sure not to float off too far while viewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment